Cully Farmers Market 2019
Steering Committee - Volunteer Position Description - Application Form
The Cully Farmers Market Steering Committee serves as the governing body for Cully Farmers Market, and as an advisory committee to Our 42 Avenue for matters related to the Market.
This new committee was recently formed, and we would like to bring in a few additional members in March. We aim to establish a talented and enthusiastic team, with a diversity of skills, experience and backgrounds represented.
Roles/responsibilities of the committee and its members:
Ensure the market remains true to its mission, and the mission of Our 42nd Ave.
Oversee finances, and ensure market is fiscally sound
- Establish & approve annual budget for the market, in collaboration with Our 42nd Ave
- Review financial reports on monthly and annual basis
Oversee Market Manager:
- Serve as supervisory body for the market manager, and provide on-going support as needed
- Conduct year-end evaluation, and a mid-season performance check-in
Provide oversight for market operations
- Approve business plan / strategic plan for the market, in collaboration with Our 42nd Ave, and the market manager
- Review monthly reports
- Review and approve any proposed changes or additions to market operations and/or business plan
Spearhead fund-raising efforts to support food access programming and market operations
Collaborate with market manager in promoting the market
Volunteer for at least one or two shifts at the market each year
Set policies and priorities for the market
The committee has 4 officer positions: Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and Liaison to Our 42nd Ave.
Time commitment: 6-9 hours per month, on average.
Attend monthly committee meetings (2 hrs / mo)
Review reports and other documents in advance of each meeting (1-2 hrs / mo)
Work outside of meetings, as outlined in roles/responsibilities above (2-4 hrs / mo)
Volunteer at the market at least once or twice per season (4 - 8 hrs / year)
Duration of committee membership:
We ask that steering committee members commit to a 24 month term (March 2019 - March 2021)
Commitment to the goals of Cully Farmers Market:
○ Creating food security by bringing healthy, affordable food to neighbors
○ Supporting local businesses and emerging entrepreneurs
○ Providing an inclusive forum for community involvement
○ Creating experiential opportunities for neighbors, including youth and seniors
Applicants with one or more of the following attributes are encouraged to apply:
○ Financial management experience
○ Fundraising skills
○ Food access work experience, or personal experience with food insecurity
○ Experience running a farmers market
○ Experience working with economically disadvantaged individuals &/or communities in Cully
○ Deep familiarity or connections within the Cully or Concordia neighborhood or the 42nd Ave business district
○ Farmers market vendors
○ 42nd Avenue business owners
○ Event promotion experience
How to apply: Applications due by Friday, March 15th
Please follow the link below to fill out our simple application form.
Anyone wishing to join the steering committee who prefers to reach us by telephone can schedule a phone call with a steering committee member. Please be in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a call.