Cully Farmers Market 2018
Market Manager - Scope of Work
The 2018 Market Manager will be an independent contractor, reporting to Our 42nd Avenue, with guidance & support from the Cully Farmers Market Steering Committee.
Compensation & Contract Duration:
This contract is 25 weeks long, intended to begin May 8th and conclude October 31st. The contractor will receive $9,500 in total, paid in 6 monthly installments. This is equivalent to 20 hours of work per week, for 25 weeks at a rate of $19 / hour.
Scope of Work / Position description:
In collaboration with the Cully Farmers Market Steering Committee, the Market Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Financial management & budgeting
- Vendor relationships & contracts
- Direct volunteer program
- Oversee day-of market operations
- Manage communications, market promotion and community engagement initiatives
- Direct food access programming, including SNAP matching and vouchers
- Oversee the coordination of entertainment and activities
- Support the Market Steering Committee
- Conduct year-end market evaluation and reporting
- Build relationships and partnerships with local businesses, organizations, and other key contacts in the neighborhood to forward the mission and goals of the market
- If time allows, explore/pursue additional initiatives to further the mission, with approval from the steering committee.
- Assist with other market duties as assigned
- Financial management skills
- Proven skills in project management & administration
- Volunteer management experience
- Ability to forge collaborative partnerships and build strong relationships
- Previous experience working at a farmers’ market (or experience coordinating large events of similar nature)
- Experience and/or strong interest in sustainable agriculture, food access programming, and/or food systems work
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience providing top-notch, friendly customer service
- Proven time management skills, and the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds
- Willingness and ability to work outside on your feet for 6 hours straight, regardless of weather
- Must be available by cell phone on market day, and for regular e-mail contact for the duration of the contract. The contractor is expected to provide their phone and computer.
- Event marketing and promotion experience
- Familiarly with the community surrounding 4 Ave
- Ability to communicate in Spanish and/or other languages common in the Cully neighborhood
- Fundraising experience
- Experience working with steering committees or boards
- Experience coordinating entertainment or activities for events or markets
- Graphic design skills for creating promotional materials
- Experience with program evaluation & reporting
- A critical understanding of food systems and equity issues
Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to Katy Kolker at firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, April 21st.